The Best Recipe of Pinangat in Camalig Albay Philippines
Posted on March 18, 2008 / Delectable Delicacies / 0 Comment
….the “Pinangat” popularly known in manila as “Laing”
Pinangat is made from local “natong” leaves ( taro leaves) and “gata” (coconut milk) and most houses in Bicol Region will have these planted nearby. Another version of this is the “tinilmok”, whose filling is sliced lukadon (young coconut meat) and small shrimps.
Pinangat recipe from vegetarianrecipe.com
- 1 kg. gabi or taro leaves
- 50 grams ginger, chopped
- 5 cans sardines
- 2 cups vinegar
- 10 grams garlic, minced
- 6 cups coconut milk
- 50 grams onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Pinangat na Laing:
- Stuff gabi leaves with sardines and tie with their own vein.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, and saute garlic,
- onion and ginger until golden brown.
- Pour in vinegar, then add the stuffed gabi leaves.
- Add coconut milk. Simmer until mixture is reduced significantly.
- Adjust taste by seasoning with salt and pepper.
…best serve with hot rice.